First Aid chapters 6-7

After obtaining critical information from a victim that has ingested poisoning, the first aider should: (Assume that the poisoning is not acid or alkali and the victim is responsive.)
immediately call posion control center

According to the book what should be done after exposure to jellyfish?
wash with vinegar

How do you get poison ivy, poison oak, or poison sumac? What is the treatment for effected areas of poison ivy, poison oak, or poison sumac?
Plants such as poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac are poisons that can be absorbed through the skin. If a person who has been affected with poison ivy, poison oak or poison sumac and is conscious and alert, one should call the National Poison Control Center hotline at 1-800-222-1222 and follow the advice given. The first step one should take in treating the affected areas is washing them thoroughly with soap and water. If washed withing ten minutes of contact, one may be able to avoid serious allergic reactions. The next step in caring for the rash is applying calamine lotion. Also, cold compression (fifteen to thirty minutes a day) are effective in treating itching and blistering. If the rash is wide spread across the body, one may need to go to the doctor to get prescription medicine such as prednisone or another corticosteriod.